To get an idea of what some of the related careers in wind energy do we’ve collected some of the most common job descriptions along with their titles. In this instance we’ll be covering what an Application Engineer in Wind Power does at their job and duties they are expected to do. In addition to the career profile breakdown we will also list requirements that are common for this type of position.
Common Responsibilities & Duties on the Job:
Own regional technical field and application service support in Wind condition monitoring within the North American region
Support Wind sales team
Customers will need expertise and help in application of the wind condition monitoring & application to the customers energy needs.
- Working with customers on a technical level
- Pre-sales customer site visits
- Installation and commissioning
- Post-sales customer support
- Customer training
- Ensure customer system use and continued operation
- Assisting internal staff
- Escalation of issues requiring in depth study and/or development to Tier 3 support
- Maintain Support documentation, FAQ & White papers, etc
- Responsible for escalating region ITO/OTR issues for quick and satisfactory resolution
- Work with Wind Segment Product Line Leader, Sales Directors in NA, Engineering Manager and key representatives from Sales, Services, to help drive the improvement and growth of the Wind Segment space
- Foster creative environment allowing the evolution of new ideas while embracing speed and excellence
Common Qualifications & Requirements:
Bachelor of Science with specialization in Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering Degree
Minimum of 3 years successful experience with project management and/or field service work
Minimum of 3 years of experience in leading a technical or commercial team
Going Salary for an Application Engineer In Wind:
As you can see from the graphic below an Application Engineer in Wind Energy can make a pretty good salary with the average pay nationwide in the United States sitting around $90,000 a year. When comparing average Application Engineer Wind salaries with other job postings nationwide Indeed.com has found that this salary is about 27% higher than other salaries. The salary trend has seen a little bit of a dip but is still stable and above most other job salaries.
Graphic & Salary Information was Sourced from Indeed.com
Companies That Are Hiring For an Application Engineer in Wind Power:
Siemens Industry, Inc.
China Three Gorges Corporation